Thursday, September 24, 2009

Holy Spooktacular Batman!!!!!!

Look at all those Halloween blocks!!!
I would once again like to thank everyone who was in the Halloween swap. It was an amazing time, filled with talent that just blew me away at every turn.
Thank you for all your hard work and dedication.
Thank you for the goodies you sent!
Thank you for the sets of your blocks you sent!
What else can I say but,
THANK YOU!!

Well, I was going to decide what print I wanted to use for sashing but when I laid out all the Halloween blocks I had, I saw that the quilt would be a super size just as it was placed.
I need to make a few more 9-patch blocks to finish out the last row, move and switch a few blocks, and then I will be ready to make the top!!
I have decided to tie this quilt as I do not want to quilt over all the wonderful work.
I am amazed and tickled pink with this quilt!
Hope you have fun with your blocks too!

Onward to the red and aqua swap!! We have #99 people in the swap. Boy, is that something!!
Happy Sewing!!

16 comments:

  1. Holy Block Swap--99 is a lot of swappers!!! Loving all the fun Halloween blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is just totally spooktacular!! Love the blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You must be so happy, Jane - the blocks look fabulous - congratulations on organizing another great swap!
    Hugs - Lurline♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun to see a setting getting started. I didn't think about not adding any sashing. They look great together.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Halloween blocks look fabulous all laid out. It will be such a fun quilt when you finish.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The spooktacular quilts are all going to be gorgeous. I haven't laid mine out yet but soon...

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow - what a wonderful halloween quilt! and yayy for so many people joining the red and aqua swap...can't wait to see my finished red and aqua quilt! thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really darling! Looks like everyone had a lot of fun with this one! One of these days, when I have just a little more time, I will commit myself to one of these swaps!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just finished sewing my halloween top together last night, and I LOVE it! I haven't been able to get a good picture yet, but I'll keep trying. I was just wondering how I was going to quilt it, and I've never tied one before. How about doing a tutorial when you do yours?

    ReplyDelete
  10. That will make the cutest Halloween quilt! Remind me next year to jump into this swap too!

    I should be receiving my reds and aquas soon...can't wait to get started on that!

    MGM

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are something else. How you keep up with all this is beyond me! You do such a lovely job. Your quilt will be so fun. I'm going to cut my 9 patches up for the border so I know I'll need more. I'm going to wait until AFTER the wedding!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You're welcome! My blocks are fantastic. It is going to be a lot of fun putting it together.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I LOVE those Halloween blocks!!! Shoulda, shoulda, shoulda!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. The halloween quilt is going to a work of art. All the blocks are amazing!
    Wow, 99 that's great :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Everyone did a great job! Thanks for hosting the swap, we appreciate your hard work

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a fun quilt it turned out to be. Fun to look at all the blocks. Wow, that is great that you almost got 100 swappers.

    ReplyDelete

I always love to hear your thoughts!