Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Flee Market

Once a month our town holds a flee market on the fair grounds. Every time I remember to go, it is always the wrong weekend!! Not this time! My oldest daughter, hubby and Little T were going, so the rest of us tagged along.
It is huge, rows and rows of wonderful things.
BUT…
You know what I was looking for;
Fabric
Quilts
Buttons

What did I see? I saw a ton and I mean a ton of dishware; now that is fine and dandy if you collect that, I however do not. The hard part for me was to see this dishware displayed on their quilts! A display! How about selling those!!
Rows and rows of beautiful furniture I would love to own but “hold back” what a price, yikes!! Again, back behind the furniture, piles of quilts, afghans, linens, that they used to wrap the furniture!!
Our 13-year-old daughter found a cute Pez Disperser plaque and a nice print of Chicago for her room.
My daughter found nothing.
Time to go… Nothing for little Janie....
Wait; there are some quilts, in a little 3-foot by 6-foot aisle. Only the seller and I could fit. First quilt I fell in love with, way over my budget, the same for the other three quilts. I was just about to leave when out of the corner of my eye, I saw pink!!
There is was, a pink quilt. I thought I had died and gone to Heaven, it was huge at least a king!! OK, hold your breath and look for the price, how bad could it be? It was not really a “quilt”. It was a pieced top, with a pink backing, that’s all! Where is the price? Ok, let’s ask. He does not know! He needs to call his mother!! At this point, I just wanted to get out of there; this is going to coast an arm and a leg. I listen as he describes the piece to his mother, I hear him say “yes, it has a lot of detail” then I here $45!!! He must have meant $450! I ask him, “did you say $45?” “Yes, it has a lot of detail” being the great negotiator that I am I said, "yes, yes, yes, YES!!!!"
Then I did the happy dance!!!


I will take it apart, put in batting add a new backing and then hand quilt. This may be in my UFO pile for years but this is…
MY PINK HEAVEN!!


24 comments:

  1. I don't blame you for feeling happy heavens about that! Its gorgeous! Suzie. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun! It always feels so great to get a good deal!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why is it that I never find these great deals? It looks beautiful! Have fun with it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Terrific find and it is just so you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. aaack! what a gorgeous find! and you are quite the negotiator, friend! lol...just like me - yes! yes! yes! that's the extent of my dickering for a lower price, too...congrats on your find! ☺

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gald to see your so excited and you should be. Good deal.

    ReplyDelete
  7. what an incredible deal! Pink heaven indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Now you're really 'in the pink', Jane. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Jane, what a wonderful find. Now that's a pink quilt!!! Can't wait to see it hand quilted. Good luck with it.
    ~Karen~

    ReplyDelete
  10. It is so nice that someone bought the quilt who can restore it to its original beauty and will love it for the wonderful quilt that it is.
    Thanks for sharing your great find.
    Warmest regards,
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great find!...that was a bargain...
    Good for you Jane!
    Julia ♥

    ReplyDelete
  12. You deserve a great find like this!!

    I can just imagine how excited you were!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a bargain...it's so pretty! I can't wait to see it finished - it will be a gem!

    ReplyDelete
  14. If I saw that pink quilt somewhere, you would immediately come to mind! What a glorious find!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow....what a flea market 'wheeler-
    dealer' you are Jane! Great find!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, what a great find Jane! It is so pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. How lucky you are...it is gorgeous and I love pink also!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congratulations on your great find. I hope you kept your poker face on while you were saying all those "yeses" LOL

    ReplyDelete
  19. I would be in heaven too, nothing better than pink!

    ReplyDelete

I always love to hear your thoughts!