Thursday, June 24, 2010

Put to the test…

So my new Juki and I decided to try our hand at sewing!! I went through my UFO pile and was delighted to find all the nine patches I made for Amandajean’s Nine-Patch Quilt Along. As you can tell I failed miserably at that task. But, there they were all sweet and pretty, just waiting for me, so out they came.



I used the jelly roll “Berry Delicious” by Moda. I just love this fabric.

I am now in the process of added the white strips to connect the blocks, which will make them into rows.


I am so happy to report that Miss Juki and I are getting along famously!!
Sorry been getting spam so comment moderation will be on for a while. Thanks!

12 comments:

  1. That will be so cute! I love the scrappy feel! That'll be a fun project for your machine.

    Do you name your machines?

    The only kind of spam I like is sauteed in a pan (low sodium kind)...LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is going to be one great quilt. Glad you are enjoying your new machine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ah...but did you use the knee lift?

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is going to be a bright and cheerful quilt. Nice finish to a project--you didn't fail, you changed plans.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you are having a great time. Glad all is working out with the two of you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yippee for new machines and fantastic UFOs. Boo for spam.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I made a couple quilts for Amandajean's quilt along. It was fun making all those 9 patches. Yours is going to look beautiful I'm sure. It's great to hear you and Miss Juki are getting along well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love 9 patch and 4 patch. There is something lovely about squares. These will be great. Glad the Juki is working out.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was looking online on ebay about those machines...I just love the space you have to quilt a quilt....and they are not too expensive either.

    glad you like your machine!

    ReplyDelete
  10. These nine patches are so lovely and cheerful! Glad to know that you are enjoying your new Juki :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am happy that you are so pleased with the new machine. I remember working on my Janome 6600 for the first time...it was so new!
    your patches look good, I do love nine patch work.

    ReplyDelete

I always love to hear your thoughts!