Monday, May 27, 2013

I did not take your advice, so sorry!

Last February I asked your advice about flannel backing for my 
Katie Jump Rope Quilt.
Thank you all for such wonderful advice.  You can read about it 
as the advice will help others too.

But alas
Janie was too worried to take your advice!
After all this was my favorite fabric and a king size quilt.
I chickened out!!

I went with my Riley Blake Medium Check Yellow Gingham for the backing and Quilter's Dream Thin Batting.

I brought the quilt to a friend who has a long arm business and asked her to baste it for me.
She was so kind, not only did she baste it but she used hot pink thread so I could see it!!
I am now in the process of hand quilting. I hope to have it done by the end of the summer.
Here she is so far with her hot pink basting thread. It is so nice to quilt without pins!






Happy Sewing!


6 comments:

  1. Gorgeous quilt...it will look even more wonderful with your quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, Jane...you tease...I see no pic of the back!! KJR is one of those that got away from me, I always enjoy seeing it in projects of others...this is beautiful. I may succumb if she reprints it as I did with FMF. I love that yellow with the bow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful quilt this. Just so many nice colors and fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You'll be so happy you hand- quilted, so deserves it
    Hugs - Lurline

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice choice for the backing for this beautiful quilt! Happy quilting, Jane :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just found your blog post through my Bloglovin' list and loved the colors in this quilt. How's the hand-stitched quilting going?
    I also like your blog button. It's so cute. I put it on my blog's right column, so I can find you again.

    ReplyDelete

I always love to hear your thoughts!