Friday, March 12, 2010

Friday Flick Pick....

Friday Flick Pick #1
Mr. Smith goes to Washington (1939)
Staring; Jimmy Stewart and Jean Arthur.
Director: Frank Capra
Politicians in Washington believe that Jefferson Smith (Jimmy Stewart) a small town scout master would be the perfect to fit a vacant senate seat. They feel he would do and vote as told. But when he finds out they want to put up a dam up on his beloved camp for boys he fights for his rights and for the boys to the bitter end. Even getting cynical Jean Arthur on his side.

Jane’s vote
5 stars
A super family film showing how one man can make a difference.


10 comments:

  1. Sounds very similar to some modern day political happenings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that movie, just as I love all Jimmy Stewart movies

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great first pick. I love that movie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. One of my most favorite movies ( yes I have my own copy), and I swoon for anything with Jimmy Stewart. (Harvey is another most favorite).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah, Jimmy Stewart! I love him! They sure don't make them like they used to!

    MGM

    ReplyDelete
  6. One of my favorite movies even though it has been a long time since I have seen it. Jimmy Stewart was a great actor.
    Forgot to tell you that I love your new banner.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that film, any film Jimmy Stewart is in is wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like old movies. But I haven't seen many of the English movies. I'll keep a list of these. Thank you, Jane :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely old film...love Jimmy Stewart.
    great to watch while hand sewing on a cold winters day...any day really!
    Julia ♥

    ReplyDelete

I always love to hear your thoughts!