Friday, December 5, 2008

A new kid on the block.....

As in a previous post, I cannot seem to get enough Christmas Cottages, by the time I am done it will be King size, note “by the time I am done”.
I was lucky to get a beautiful cottage from Nanette, but really wanted one from Terri, so we did a private swap. Look at this new addition! She knows I love pink and this is awesome, it will look great in the neighborhood.




Now Terri and I are friends, look at how my Cottage came, not in a flat envelope but in a box with all this great stuff.
PINK, PINK, PINK, everywhere. Pink buttons, Pink thread, Pink yo-yos, Pink pins!! Cute socks with Pink presents, Pink fabric (which I will use when I make my completely Pink
cottage quilt) a darling pincushion, with, what else Pink pins. I also will keep all the Pink
ribbon! WOW!!!!





But there was one other special gift in the box, an angel, a soft sweet, perfect little angel, to be with me at all times, in my sewing/office while I work and play. I have decided that the vintage quilt it was made from was my great-grandmother’s. I used to play under her quilting frame. Sadly, there is not one of her quilts to be found, but now she is here to watch over me. Thank you Terri for your friendship and your kindness, it means so much.





10 comments:

  1. awwww...thank you...i'm so glad you like your goodies and that your angel has special meaning for you...=)...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Terri is so sweet and thoughtful. Wow you must be in PINK HEAVEN!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So fun! I just love your pink block and all the pink goodness Terri sent your way!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You realize that when you get these done, you will have enough for a king size quilt?
    They are very lovely....really they convey happiness

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun stuff!! A pink cottage quilt would be fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aw how sweet. Terri is the best - simply the best friend. Love it all really. Pink Rules!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Terri is so sweet! You are in pink heaven for sure! Love the pink cottage. I need to get off this computer and in to my sewing room!

    Merry Pink Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awww, how nice. Your angel is very special! So is Terri!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You sure got a lot of beautiful blocks from Terri. It's nice to have a friend like that. Also, I love the Japanese fabric. It's so cute. I'll have to think of something I can make with some. Merry Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fun fun package! Terri is so sweet and thoughtful. I love her beautiful angel, and that you are going to think of it as your great-grandmother's quilt. that is so awesome.

    ReplyDelete

I always love to hear your thoughts!