Monday, December 15, 2008

Happy Birthday Sweetie….

Today my baby turned into a teenager, 13, it went so fast…….



We have a tradition in our home called the rainbow cake. This started when I was a little girl. My Mom made cupcakes for my birthday to take to school, she tinted the frosting, and toward the end of frosting, decided to add a little of each color to the top, hence, rainbow cupcakes were born, and then I turned it into a rainbow cake.
My OD is 27, next daughter is 24, YD now 13, countless cupcakes to school, PTO events, bake sales, and to my three nieces who the oldest is now 15, let’s see, I have made how many? I will let you do the math. I will say this is the first one in all those years that has a new color. YD loves purple, so instead of blue she got purple. NOW this NOT a pretty cake, but it is white with REAL butter cream frosting. One piece could put you in a sugar coma. However, no birthday in our home goes without one. Here you go…





So today, her locker was decorated at school, when I picked her up we went to her Aunt Patti’s (godmother). After that, home, a little homework, Chinese Takeout, and then presents!





Then off to finish homework and on to basketball practice.

As she is now a teenager and a very responsible young lady, she got a phone for her 13th Birthday.






Happy Birthday Honey, Love Mom and Dad

12 comments:

  1. What a lovely daughter...and it's so bittersweet when they turn into teenagers! My best wishes to your daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I could have been there for Chinese Takeout!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday to you!
    Happy Birthday to you!
    Happy Birthday to Jane's Ba--by...
    Happy Birthday to you!!
    Love the cake... yum!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday chica! I hope you had a great day!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday! A big day and a wonderful way to celebrate. My daughter had her 15th birthday last Monday, teenage girls nothing like it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday. She has a special mom too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A very happy Birthday to your lovely daughter :o)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very pretty young lady. Happy birthday to her. My girls are 35 and 43. Seems like just yesterday they turned 13. Time does fly.

    ReplyDelete
  9. aaack! i'm a day late...but HAPPY BIRTHDAY, SWEETIE! ☺ (cool phone!)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aw Happy Birthday to her. I've got a 13 year old son we could fix her up with - well in a few years! She's darling.

    ReplyDelete
  11. looks like you have a real sweet birthday girl there! she sure got a 'cool' cake.....i can remember my 16th birthday, but i'm sitting here trying to remember my 13th.....????...i think there were some gold pierced earrings involved.....???...

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh 13. I hope her day was just amazing and perfect from start to finish. I pray that she will stay as sweet as she is today for everyday for years to come. May her teenage years be blessed with joy, happiness, and wise and responsible choices. Happy Birthday!!

    ReplyDelete

I always love to hear your thoughts!