Tuesday, August 26, 2014

New Needle Book, Kit, Case


I have been wanting to try to make a Needle Book for some time.  So that is what I did this week. I used Nana's Company Tutorial  found  HERE.

I have also wanted to try my hand at 1/2 inch Hexagons.
Wow, are they tiny!



So I pulled out my scraps and got to work.



I decided to make one hexie flower for the front of the book.



The back (my hoarded kerchief girl), the binding, the front.


Now to embellish the book.



The lining.



Front and lining sewed together.


Now to get the "pages" ready.



I added four pages.




I even found fun pins on-line!

Here she is today . I have used her everyday since I made it.
Such a fun project.





New to the store.....
Lecien flower Sugar Fat Quarter Bubndle.


eBay or Etsy.
Free Shipping to the USA.


Happy Sewing! 


13 comments:

  1. Oh this is so pretty. You did a great job on it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this little needle book. Great gift idea for sewing friends too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute little pin keeper! Thought you were going to be out of town...?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, sweet, sweet little needle book! As a lover of hand sewing, you will be hard at work trying to wear it out. If it lived with me it would look like new forever. hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your needle case is gorgeous. Love it so much. Thank you so much for sharing.
    Hugs
    donna

    ReplyDelete
  6. You sure have some pretty scraps and your needlebook turned out wonderful. I'd be using her everyday too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love hexies, and I love your needle book. Great inspiration, thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stinking cute!! and looks like it was fun to make...off to check out your new fabric. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love needle books and yours is sooo cute! The fabrics are adorable! Happy week ahead.
    Helen xox

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those Hexies are adorable! What a lovely little book you have, Jane! Awesome collection of new Flower Sugar fabrics!

    ReplyDelete

I always love to hear your thoughts!