Saturday, February 8, 2014

Zipper Pouch

When my girls were little they had a "church purse". It was brought to church and they could look at it during the Homily.  They also brought it to restaurants.  It contained, little pencils, paper, little stamps, Holy Cards, small sticker books.  Just enough to keep them entertained.
So, I thought I would make some for the grand-babies.

This young lady has the best tutorials!!
I used her's when I made my hexie pillow and now this one "How to Make a Zipper Pouch".


This first pouch took two hours! I am a slow learning!!  The second took 20 minutes!

Here they are....


For the rest of the weekend I will be cutting Farmer's Wife Blocks.

See I have the fabrics picked out for several blocks.



Of course it is snowing!!!  Oh well.

Off to cut.
Enjoy the rest of your weekend.


14 comments:

  1. Congratulations on conquering the zipper! Very cute puches that are sure to give hours of entertainment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea for church purse...very special!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now you are the Zipper Queen! Your grands will love the cute purses.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, here it is!...the results of your cabin fever break-out! These are so great. Well worth the escape to "that other fabric shop"!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will have to watch that, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I must check out that Youtube! I think that may be a new one for me! The grandchildren will love their zipper pouches! You have used such cute fabric! Let it snow, let it snow......

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've never heard of a Church purse but it is great idea. I love the little zippered pouches and I'm sure your grandchildren will too.

    Can't wait to see your Famer's Wife blocks...the peak of fabric is intriguing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great zippered pouch and your are lovely. I shall await your FW blocks. I never did finish my FW wall hanging and I know I want to complete it. Thank you for sharing the pouch video. Creative Stitching Bliss...

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like doing zippered pouches,love the variations your able to do with them. Glad the cabin break out has you recharged and full of vim :) Your cracking along on the blocks :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute bags! I love that fabric...and your ruler one.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great pouches! 20 minutes! You can teach me when I get home! I'm thinking more and more about the Farmer's Wife project... slap me!

    ReplyDelete
  12. great pouches and a good idea for littlies. I spy some Bliss going into that FWQ!

    ReplyDelete

I always love to hear your thoughts!