Monday, February 3, 2014

What I did this Wekkend

This is what I did this weekend. I started a new project and actually finished it!
How could Grandma not remember to make Little Miss a quilt for her dolls? I guess we have so many here that she uses that I forgot about her house!  So on Friday I took out all my pink fabrics, go figure, her favorite color is pink too!

Using my go cutter I cut out 3 1/2 inch squares.


I even fussy cut a few.


Laid them out in a pleasing pattern.


AND YES!!

went to the machine to make the top.

Next up, I layered it, pinned it, and used Presencia Thread to tie it in all the corners.


I decided to pull the backing to the front for the binding and used the machine to sew it down.  I wanted this to last and hand sewing the back did not seem to be a viable option.



The backing is a pink glitter fairy fabric.



Of course a pillow to match. 


It was all ready and waiting for her when she arrived today.


Did she like it?
Oh yes! 
The baby, pillow and a care bear were put into her stroller, covered up and pushed all around the house.

When Mom came home at lunch it was put into a bag and off to it's new home.

What did you do this weekend?  


22 comments:

  1. That is one cute set! Love all that pink.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable! You are an awesome grandmom!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is sew sweet and a lovely gift for a lucky little girl.

    I have been working on a few projects simultaneously. This is not unusual for me. I did start a new one. I decided to make fabric boxes for goodies for the ladies coming to my daughter's baby shower. Maybe someday soon I will be making dolly blankets ... a lovely thought ... :) Pat

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet little quilt and pillow. I'm sure your little Miss loves them.

    I bound two UFOs this weekend, yay! Two finishes...now onto the next.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sooooo adorable....I'm still enjoying my grandson's visit...before they leave tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  6. She must have been tickled pink. Cute as can be.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, sweet, sweet pink baby goodness! I'll bet little Miss was joyously delighted to no end. Will you be my Grandma too? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is so cute and so fun to be able to make her doll a quilt and pillow.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a delightful gift! I can imagine how much Little Miss enjoyed it! As I say, when you can sew you can always be ready with a gift!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Too cute! What a cute age - I miss those days!

    ReplyDelete
  11. such cute fussy cute fabric. i know your sweet girl loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. So cut adorable fairies and little girl prints! It is a perfect gift set to play with!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sorry, I meant to say 'cute'! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love all the pink! It's feels so good to be able to get a project done so quickly especially when the recipient loves it so much.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What fun......someone is gonna enjoy this

    ReplyDelete
  16. HI!!!!! Very sweet and pretty!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow...to cute! I am sure she loved it! you did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful little quilt a lucky little girl. Good job. Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  19. So adorable and I know it will be much loved.

    ReplyDelete

I always love to hear your thoughts!