Monday, May 2, 2011

Sew Bee Wonky Blocks....

This was a beautiful weekend! We finally saw the sun shining In Illinois. I spent almost the whole day Saturday watching my daughter play softball; let me tell you I was pooped!! All that fresh air was a killer. But, after a good nights rest I was ready to sew (and do laundry).
This month’s member asked for wonky hearts.
The orange border heart was paper pieced. I just love to paper piece!
The other two were free form. I made my own fabrics from her fabrics and some of mine, cut out a heart and yes, ME, I raw edged appliquéd the hearts onto a bright background.
This is what I love about bees, they test your skills! I so wanted to make the word “cutie” for her but after I made all the letters no matter how I tried to put them together part of them were getting cut off. I am sorry to say I had to give up on that idea.
Hope everyone has a wonderful day!!

Oh before I forget head over to “Sew I Quilt” for a chance at winning one of Madame Samm’s beautiful Banners!






11 comments:

  1. Love the bright springy colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If those don't shout Spring!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun, bright, summer-eee blocks! chubby heart is my favorite. =D


    hugZ,
    annie
    rubyslipperz106.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun, happy and colourful...perfect for spring!
    Julia ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job Jane! I'll do the hearts this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Jane, I popped round to thank you for your kind comment on my post at Sew We Quilt... and of course have a look around at all your prettiness..... Your blocks are lovely and happy....
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete

I always love to hear your thoughts!