Friday, April 9, 2010

Friday Flick Pick #5







Remember just movies I like…
Not in any particular order…
Use your own discretion….

Foe some reason it has been a long week and I would like to sew this weekend. When I sew I like to watch movies, especially ones I have already seen, otherwise I would not get any sewing done!! So this week's pick……

Friday Flick Pick # 5

2001: A Space Odyssey (1968)
Staring; Too many to list!!
Director: Stanley Kubrick

Quote from The Internet Movie Base
“"2001" is a story of evolution. Sometime in the distant past, someone or something nudged evolution by placing a monolith on Earth (presumably elsewhere throughout the universe as well). Evolution then enabled humankind to reach the moon's surface, where yet another monolith is found, one that signals the monolith placers that humankind has evolved that far. Now a race begins between computers (HAL) and human (Bowman) to reach the monolith placers. The winner will achieve the next step in evolution, whatever that may be.
Written by Larry Cousins “

Jane’s vote 4 stars

My favorite part….
What in the world is that thing???
A little tid bit from my SIL
HAL stands for IBM
H next letter I
A next letter B
L next letter M
Hmmm….

6 comments:

  1. I often call my computer "Hal" because I know it has it's own brain and does exactly what it wants when it wants to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so funny! We own this movie and it is one of my husband's favorites. He made the kids watch it with them and they relentlessly tease him about it. They think the movie is quite funny and that only "old" people would like it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAL....IBM.....interesting concept.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another fan here! We saw it in the theater as kids and one of my friends and I "explained" it to a group of teens sitting in front of us. They didn't get it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Never saw that movie. Not much of a sci fi fan.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Interesting story, Jane.
    Hope you are getting to enjoy more sewing this weekend :)

    ReplyDelete

I always love to hear your thoughts!