Friday, November 6, 2009

What a Swap…

Now this is a swap!! One morning I happened to be reading my blogs earlier than usually, this turned out to be very lucky for me!! I was reading “Once Upon a Quilt”. As I was reading, Christine wanted to know if anyone was interested in a swap. She was willing to swap one of her hand made quilts for 1930’s fabrics. My hands could not type fast enough to say”Yes, please, me”. She did, she picked me!! I sent her 50 1930’s fat quarters and look at what I received!!!
This quilt!!!
It is stunning, just stunning. The colors are just beautiful, and work so well in my family room. The pattern, one I love but could never do, and the quilting, Oh my gosh, even my husband, (yes, my husband) was impressed!! It was certainly serendipitous that I did my blog checking early in the morning that day. If not, I may have missed the chance to own this work of art; All the way from Australia!! I had to tell Christine that she needed to know it is in a home that will cherish it forever! I thank you, Christine, from the bottom of my heart!!





I have a few things to catch up on, such as cleaning, laundry, organizing, making lists and checking them twice!! So, I will see everyone in a few weeks.
Until then ~~~~~ Happy Sewing!!


27 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oopsy! Let's start again - I'm so pleased you are thrilled with Christine's quilt - beautiful work!
    Hugs - Lurline♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so lucky! Christine's quilt is beautiful. I suppose she will enjoy the 30's fabrics. Nice trade!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can not think of anyone who deserves it more than you....what a lovely quilt!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I thank you for swapping and know that you will enjoy the quilt.
    Thank you for sending me all those beautiful 1930's I am planning to now make a DWQ for our bed. I will treasure the farbics you sent.

    quilting hugs
    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  6. upps fogot to say: somethings in life are meant to be

    cheers
    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  7. love the little rosebud prints that were used. a very sweet swap!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The early bird gets the worm! What a LOVELY gorgeous quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The quilt is lovely! You sure were in the right spot at the right time!
    Have a nice break and we will see you when you return.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow Jane, you really lucked out that day! Good for you!

    Don't be gone too long...we'll miss you!

    MGM

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a nice quilt, and a great trade. Enjoy your time to organize. Everyone needs to regroup here and there.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lucky, lucky you! This quilt is just wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous swap!!! Both of you made out well.

    ReplyDelete
  14. omg, what a fabulous swap! i'm sure your 1930's fat quarters were spectacular and the quilt is beautiful! i'll miss you during your break, but sometimes we need to step away and get caught up, huh? love to you and can't wait til next week! ☺♥

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm heading to your house to have you rub my hands - maybe some of that luck will rub off on me! I guess it's the Luck of the Irish! Beautiful quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lucky you! Looks like you guys made a GREAT swap!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh you are so lucky!!!! What a beautiful quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi,
    Late is not only a lovely swap but a very generous one to! You are soooo lucky.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Jane,

    I got your second package...it is awesome...thanks sooooooooooooooooooo much!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow,Jane! your name has been on the quilt the day Christine started on it so does your FQs 30's print has been destined for Christine... Enjoy yr new beautiful quilt hand made in Australia...!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Lovely quilt. So happy for you. I love log cabin quilts:)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful quilt, congratulations Jane. Guess the saying is true "early bird gets the worm". One of my favorite patterns is log cabin.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow! That's such a great design and great trade! -- michele

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a trade! I think you got the better part of the deal. A very lovely quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  25. It is beautiful. Good for you! I love trades. I wish there were a trade blog where we could post things in trade for someone else. But we've discussed this before. Too much work!

    ReplyDelete
  26. wow that's awesome!! nice trade!!!

    ReplyDelete

I always love to hear your thoughts!