SORRY THIS SWAP IS NOW CLOSED
I had such fun hosting the Rainbow Block Swap that I decided to have another!!
THE SPOOKTACULAR HALLOWEEN THEME BLOCK SWAP 2009
This swap will be a little more time consuming, so you will have a little longer to work on your blocks.
I think it would be a GREAT idea to print out the details.
1. There will be twelve people in each group.
2. You will make 24 blocks.
3. UNFINISHED size 12 ½
4. 12 blocks will be a simple nine patch using TWO Halloween colors, please use the same two Halloween fabrics for these 12 blocks. You may used solid or prints as long as they are the same two fabrics. They should be cut at 4 1/2 inches.
5. The other 12 blocks will be themed blocks.
A. UNFINISHED 12 ½
B. Halloween colors up to you and each block can use different fabrics.
C. You will need to pick a theme.
D. You will think of a theme.
E. I have chosen “wonky house”
F. So I will make 12 wonky houses unfinished size 12 ½ using any fabrics I wish, they will not all be the same.
G. Only one theme per group.
H. Use any technique you want, some ideas; pieced, paper piece, appliqué, embroidery, fusing, whatever makes you comfortable.
I. Some ideas; pumpkins, cats, bats, ghost, withes hat, owls, spooky trees, stars, spider webs, candy, Halloween Words, Frankie! Mummy!! The list could go on and on.
J. SIGN your THEMED blocks on the FRONT any way you would like, I will have to write because I do not have a machine that can embroider.
St, Charles, IL
That’s, all you need to do any more is fine and up to you.
6. I am trying to stay away from traditional blocks, I want this to be an “out of your box” swap.
7. If you did not get into the group you wanted, I HIGHLY encourage you to go and visit that persons blog and see if they want to do a one on one exchange with you for blocks. That will be up to you and the other person.
8. Blocks are DUE not mailed by but DUE September 1st, you will have all summer to work on your blocks, enjoy the weather and still go on vacation!
9. US residents can send there blocks to me any way they want but they MUST go back to you in your self address stamped Flat Rate Priority Envelope, it is 4.95, my poor postal workers had a heart attack when I came in from the last swap with all different types of envelopes and postage. They will know what a Flat Rate Priority Envelope is, so no worries.
International participants, we can talk about shipping later.
By the time, you receive all your blocks there will be 12 themed blocks and 12 nine-patch blocks. This is enough to make a nice size throw or wall-hanging.
In order to join YOU MUST EMAIL me ; do not comment on this post, you WILL NOT be entered.
Please email the following:
Your full name
And your Halloween theme (MUST be included) This is a first come first serve basis on the theme, so do not wait to long!! Saying I want to join will not enter you, I must have a theme. Please look to the side-bar to see what is available. I am starting with three groups, if there is enough interest I will open another group.
Please do not misunderstand this, I love getting all the goodies in the mail, but with the way the economy is and the cost of postage, please there is absolutely no need to send me a thing. If you feel that you really want to do something, I would love one of your blocks. The joy I get from going to the mailbox and opening the packages and seeing the blocks is more than enough for me.
I know this is a lot of information; I am always here to answer any questions.
I look forward to another wonderful swap!
So Grab the button from my side-bar and link it back here and let the fun begin!!