Tuesday, August 16, 2016

My Granddaughters Quilt

The next project I would like to share is my 4 1/2 year old Granddaughters quilt.
My daughter redid her room and it is pink!!

So I had my daughter come to the house to pick fabrics and this is what she chose.


All but the red/aqua floral are Bloom and Bliss from Riley Blake Designs.


I still piece and quilt by hand. So here in pictures is the progression from start to finish.

 Sets of two become blocks.




 Blocks get laid out in a pleasing pattern.


 Basting, worst job on the planet!!


The part I love the best, Hand Quilting!!


A finish!


She also chose Bloom and Bliss for the backing.


And I am going to leave you with this...

My father was a newspaper man. He printed and sold TV guides to newspapers. When they were at the end of a run he would frequently print coloring books for us to take to school. The nuns would be thrilled and as a little girl I was so proud. They would ask him to stay and read a book. He would always read Green Eggs and Ham.
When a picture of this mug was posted on Instagram I knew I wanted to own it. Thank you sweet IG friend for helping me find the mug and giving me these memories.


You can get the mug HERE





14 comments:

  1. Such a pretty quilt! I'm glad you got your mug :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute mug and I loved hearing about the memory it brings to you. Great quilt. I so admire that you do all that work by hand. Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Jane what a sweet treasure your granddaughter will always have this quilt made from your sweet hands. It is turned out beautiful.
    Hugs
    donna

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a wonderful quilt for your granddaughter. I love the mug too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the quilt! Where did you find the mug? I'm a big Dr. Seuss fan.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The quilt is simply darling! I just love the beautiful colors :) Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Who doesn't love Dr. Seuss. The mug is adorable and so is that quilt. Love the colors and prints.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great quilt and sweet story about your Dad! I love the colors and the cup <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is the cutest quilt ever
    I love your daddy now, Jane.
    I like this mug too

    ReplyDelete
  10. you picked such pretty fabric for it, just love the finished quilt

    ReplyDelete
  11. so cute, Jane!! I am getting another granddaughter. I can't wait to start sewing for her and her big sister. =)

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  13. A leading textile industry with extended products from Yarns and Fabrics to Home Furnishing.

    Yarn Manufacturing

    ReplyDelete

I always love to hear your thoughts!