Friday, January 30, 2015

Valentine Wall-Hanging

Hi everyone, Friday!
 Yippy Skippy!
 Hope you had a nice week. Hard to believe February is on the horizon.  Wow, time flies!

While on Instagram I met a lovely lady, Sharon.
She has a great on-line fabric store

Daisy Cottage Quilting


and an etsy shope



One day she was selling the most adorable Valwntine Kit, with Pam Kitty Fabrics. I was lucky and was able to snach one of the kits!

Took three days to make!

Day one cut fabrics.
Day two sew and piece top.



Day three, spay baste and hand quilt in the ditch.



OK,  so one more day!

Day four bind and hang!



This was so much fun!
Hmm, sewing for the weekend, you bet!

How about You?

Have a wonderful weekend and I hope you do something you love.


18 comments:

  1. OMG this is just the cutest thing! Love the vintage Valentines - reminds me of back in elementary and being so happy with my Campbell Kids Valentines to pass out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your quilt, it is so cute and fun. I need to go to the fabric store and look for some prints, love that idea.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. IT is adorable, takes me back to school days at Valentines time .

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks even better on your blog! so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the vintage looking Valentines. Very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Isn't Sharon sweet?! Your quilt is amazing! I love your work...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jane, your quilt is so darn cute and brings back memories of my childhood, back in the 40's, when we brought valentines, reminiscent of the ones on your quilt. What darling fabric. I will definitely have to visit Sharon's shop to see if there are any more available.

    Sounds like a lot of snow for our area tonight and tomorrow Jane, so be safe. lv2bquilting2@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those valentines are waaay too familiar. This is one danged cute little quilt for February!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a sweet treat...and no calories! Happy Weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow factor for sure, Jane. I really do need to make this adorable quilt. I was able to find the Valentines panel on Etsy, but no kit. Are all of the other fabrics Pam Kitty ? Wondering where the best source would be for the coordinating fabrics. Thanks from Judy C in NC

    ReplyDelete
  11. Super cute. That's the way to get a seasonal quilt done.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, I love it! Such a fun and happy quilt and perfect for Valentine's Day!
    Happy weekend.
    Helen xox

    ReplyDelete
  13. It is just adorable and it reminds me of the Valentines from my childhood too. I wish we could get ones like those still. I just don't care for the new styles.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Aww, that is so cute! I love the vintage valentines.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your quilt is just gorgeous my dear. I just love it. Oh my gosh you are speedy gonzales fast. LOL! Mine is in slooow progress.
    Wishing you an awesome day.
    Hugs
    donna

    ReplyDelete

I always love to hear your thoughts!