Saturday, April 13, 2013

Have you ever read ...

Have you ever read the children's book


This is just how I am acting!!!
Spring Break is over and we are in full swing softball. My daughter is 17, the pitcher, my husband coaches and High School Softball is fun!!
BUT...
Just like Froggy this is how I get ready for a games here in Illinois in April.

Put on my turtleneck...zup
long sleeve shirt...zat
sweatshirt with hood..zoom
PJ pants...zut
jeans...zat
thermal socks...zip
hiking boots...zum

winter coat..zut zum
hat ...zat zum
sweatshirt hood...zoom
coat hood...zat
gloves...zum zum

wrap in pink blanket...zim, zam, zum

head to the bleachers and
STILL
 freeze to death.

The things we do for love!!











11 comments:

  1. I just laughed so hard!! For yrs. I coached 7/8 grade softball for our local school - If I came dressed like that - yikes!! So remember the COLD.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL - I think you forgot the part that once you got all that on then "nature calls" and you have to take the bulk of it off again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I dont like cold unless i am in front of a fireplace looking out with a hot cup of joe....i guess you should invest in a diver suit. I hear they are warm and keep you dry.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh how I remember those days when my daughter played. Brrr!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh so cute...I can relate...the only difference is that our son played hockey...brrrrrr....

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad my kids weren't into outdoor sports...indoor bleachers were so much warmer. :O)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are right...It is a love thing...How do the kids play in such cold?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh so true! Thanks for starting my day with a laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm on duty at the baseball and softball games here Jane - and it's much like you describe except one day I'm dressed like that and the next it's hot and windy. My allergies are kicking my behind so it's pretty miserable. But I suppose it's worth it when the kids notice I'm there and wave and grin because I'm watching. blessings, marlene

    ReplyDelete
  10. This too reminds me of football season in MIssouri...the countless times we froze to death....enjoy the games.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Jane I'm so incredibly sorry. My thoughts and prayers are with you. How horrible for you and your family. 44 is so so young! I'm so sad for you. Please know you are so cared about by so many.

    ReplyDelete

I always love to hear your thoughts!