Thursday, August 12, 2010

bee there or bee square bee

I joined a bee that is all about squares! How fun is that!! This was the first month and we were asked to make this block. Now I will be honest here…
I was a nervous wreck!!
I have NEVER worked with so many pieces.
BUT...
That is what being in a bee is all about, challenging yourself.
Gosh, if I just did blocks I wanted to do what would be the point of the bee! Right?

So the August block was from
Little Miss Shabby~~ called The Scrapbuster Block.
This is one talented lady and if you have not been to her blog, run right over!


I have to admit, I am pretty happy with my block! I would even make it again sometime.
I love bees!!! (quilting bees that is)!


16 comments:

  1. I really like that block, the colors against the white is very striking

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...I really like that block...looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's hip to piece squares. Fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is just wonderful! I agree with Stephani!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good Morning,
    It looks like a lot of work...but, well done! How many more do you have to make? Or is someone else making the rest??

    Have a thoughtful Thursday. ~Natalie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jane, I love that block... dripping with squareness fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is always nice to be challenged. I really like that block.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great job! It will be fun to see the other blocks you make for this bee.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love it. What a great block. Lots of lovely fabric. Cute.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love that block. I'm going to have to try it. Love your choice of fabrics. Since I usually don't piece, I think I'll be nervous too. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great job - it was more difficult that it appears because of all the seams and stretch.

    Your block is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The block for the bee is so lively and cute, Jane :)
    Have a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey Jane!--Thanks so much for the shout out. Your block turned out beautiful. =)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I like this block Jane; so cheery!

    ReplyDelete

I always love to hear your thoughts!