Monday, November 2, 2015

November!

Already! November!! Wow, time flies by.  I wanted to show you the machine that was gifted to me by a friend. I looked everywhere to find out any information i could about this beauty but to no avail until a lovely IGer sent me to Facebook to the "Vintage Sewing Machine Group". They were so helpful.  It seemed that after WW ll  the japanese wanted to get into the market so they made machines that would appeal to all people. This machine is modeled after the Singer Model 15. They made many machines with different nameplates to attract buyers.  She sews only a straight stitch which is great as I adore my Juki.  Made of cast iron and I can barely lift her!  She is going to get a good cleaning and then put on display in my home.


Since I am trying to get the grey nine patch quilt done ,I have decided not to start any new projects.  But a girl cannot (nor her wrist) survive on hand quilting alone.  So I am working on some Holiday UFO's.  
I showered you this embroidery last post. It is a pattern from Sherri Falls her company is called This and That and can be found at This and That Patterns.  HERE

My word for 2015 was "believe". I needed to believe I could do something I had never thought I could. Well, Hello November!  The believe took awhile to arrive!
A Holiday Pillow with an envelope back. Thank you to Sherri for the darling pattern. Thank you to Lori Holt for her great tutorial on envelope back pillows.  You can find that HERE  (scroll down to the baby chick)



Today I pulled out another UFO.  Once again started last year but not finished.  I was hoping to make it into a bench pillow but it is too long.  So today I am going to start to embellish it with all sorts of fun items.  This is a darling pattern I found on Craftsy.  HERE





In other new I am so excited to finally receive Helen Phillips new book. Modern Vintage Gifts.  I have been waiting for this book!  I adore Helen's work.  See that star quitt?  Yep, I am going to make it!  I "believe" I can.



You can get her book HERE


Enjoy this beautiful weather and happy stitching!





6 comments:

  1. It looks like you have lots of good projects and some great finishes! The pillow is adorable and the book looks great. Be sure to give us a review.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty pillow! The Christmas Tree in the back of the old truck is always a favorite. What fun you will have embellishing that bench pillow. It's such a cute scene of Christmas houses and evergreens. Cute, cute star quilt! Looking forward to seeing yours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely and fun projects. And you can do that star quilt - enjoy the journey with it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Jane. Love that bench pillow - so glad you're working on it. The embellishments will add lots of pizzaz!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the simple machines, they sew like a dream. So glad you where able to find out some information about it. You pillow is adorable. I believe you can make it too. Helens book looks like it has some sweet things in it.
    Hope you are have a great week so far my dear.
    Hugs
    donna

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your festive pillow....it will be fun adding the embellishments! Thank you for such kind words about my book dear Jane. Happy weekend.
    Helen xox

    ReplyDelete

I always love to hear your thoughts!