Thursday, June 25, 2015

A Lot To Share

Those who know me know that I am always thinking of the colors Red/White/Blue and 
The 4th of July.
So, I did some crafting.
I do not craft but I have been wanting to try a few things so I took an out of my box jump!  

Before I show you what I did I would like to show you what my 19 year old daughter made for me.
I just love this so much!!



OK, here we go!
I purchased some patriotic scrap-booking paper, got out my star die and my go cutter.



and made these....


Next, I headed to the machine and just chained pieced them together to make star garland.


Next up, salt layered candle holders.
Wow, is this fun and easy.
A container of salt pored into a bowl, drops of food coloring added, stir!
Keep adding drops until you reach your desired tint.
Then I took a spoon and layered the salt around the candle.

I also pained Mason Jars.

First up supplies. 
 Newspaper spread on the working surface.
Black Acrylic Chalkboard paint.
Sponge brushes.
Acrylic paint in red, white and blue.
An emery board.
Spray can of matte finish sealer.
Clean and dry Mason Jars.


I first painted the jars black. Let them completely dry. I gave it about 2 hours.  Second coat, two more hours. 



Now you can paint over the black with a color of your choice, for me R/W/B.
One coat. Let dry.  It took two coats to cover the black completely.
Maggie joined in and painted two, one purple and one aqua. She did not use the chalkboard paint first.


Now for the trick!  I took the emery board and slowly rubbed over the words on the jar.  The black paint showed up and gave the jars a rustic look.


I took the jars outside and sprayed them with the sealer.
I let them dry overnight.



Here they are!
This was a lot of fun and very easy to do.  Especially for a non-crafter like me!


Whew, let's get back to sewing!
Because I am crazy I must have more than one project going at a time!
I started a paper piecing project.  I just love to paper piece.



A few stars for my star quilt.


And then I got smart (about time, don't you think!) I make one Farm Girl Friday Block and then one star block. With this technique I hope to stay in pace with the Farm Girl Friday Blocks.




We just returned from our Vacation to Disney World. 
Myself, hubby, three daughters, two SIL's and three grand-babies. When they say it feels like 106 degrees, you better believe it does!! Dry heat, I do not think so!  
But nothing could ruin a family trip to this magical place.


It is our anniversary today.
38 years.
Time goes so quickly!
Pink flowers in my favorite vase (my Mom's pink vase).
Thanks honey.



Until next time...
Enjoy and happy sewing!




8 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary! My hat's off to you! Love all your projects and your FGF blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have been very, very busy! Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Florida doesn't know what dry heat is!! believe me - it's HUMIDITY plus! lol Glad you had a great time - see you soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Anniversary!

    I'm finally caught up on my Farm Girl Vintage Friday blocks as well. I hope you are enjoying them as much as I am.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Anniversary! Sounds like you had a wonderful vacation, despite the heat & humidity. Love all your crafty things and your quilt blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Anniversary! We love DisneyWorld we took our Boys in 2008 and again in 2010 and although I love all the holidays we go on, these two were definitely magical! Love the projects and thanks for sharing how you did them. Now I just need to find some more time!!!! Hugs, Susie x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, happy happy anniversary! Lots of energy in this post...sounds like you are having a fun time crafting and sewing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. So many fun things....wow!!! Now I want to get cracking on things...

    ReplyDelete

I always love to hear your thoughts!