Monday, January 5, 2009

Monday.....

Monday is a bad enough day but take the family away, school, work, a house that really seriously looks like it was hit by a hurricane, and then be home all alone. NO THANKS SISTER so I decided to take a drive to my fabric warehouse about an hour or so away. I listened to the new CD my sister made for me. I shopped until I dropped. All sorts of new 1930’s, black, and whites to make into fat quarters. Paid, back on the road, aha , DUNKIN DONUTS, mmm Coffee and a few toasted coconut donuts. Back on the road, aha, HOBBY LOBBY, why, what cute PINK fabric they have. Grabbed a few ½ yards for my PINK cottages. Back on the road to home, oh nuts, forgot to go to the post office to mail some orders. OK, stop there wait in line, get a total, only $22, hand her the card with the obscene credit limit, only to have her say, it was denied, “How can that be, I have a ton left on there” try again, denied. Ran to the car, got the debit, paid. Now back on the road home to call the credit company. Oh yes, they did put a stop on the card for fraudulent use! Yes, for the second time in my life someone STOLE MY CREDIT CARD NUMBER. They stopped the card right away when they saw that all I used it for was fabric and the post office, not computer gear. Twice, and I check my account everyday, thanks to Target, they caught it right away.

So….Let’s get to the good stuff

I have some goodies I have been saving to show you, if you can last through this long post.
From Simply This and That and the Other, one of her square it up squares. I got the 9.5 but I think I will need more.



Also, more Glenna Hailey fabric, what can I say, I just love her fabric.




I also received so many goodies from so many friends, some of these I may have shown you before, but just in case here they are again.
From Nanette, one of her beautiful kitchen towels. It will never touch a dish, but it is proudly displayed in my kitchen.


Two of her darling ornaments.



(Side note, I was able to pick up a silver tree at Joann’s for 70% off, it will be MY TREE. The tree that I will use to display all my wonderful gifts.)

I also need to mention Terri’s angel again, she was not put away after Christmas. She is watching over me as I work and sew.




Eileen sent me a pair of her birds made out of her special stash of REAL reproduction fabric, oh yes, in PINK.




Cheryl and I did a barter system, I sent her some fabric and she made me one of her amazing thread catchers. It is truly wonderful.



She also snuck in a little something else, this darling Mary Engelbreit Topper. It also will have a proud place on my kitchen island.




I was mildly depressed when Elaine (no blog) left for Florida. She will be gone until the end of April. Being as sweet as she is, she left me with a few parting gifts. First a PINK COTTAGE for my quilt, look how cute the window is with the hanging PINK BEADS.



She also knows that next to Christmas, The 4th of July is my favorite Holiday, so she made me a patriotic table runner. She also acknowledges the little part of Irish I received from my Mom, and the back is the Irish blessing. Look at how she makes the binding in two colors, so when you flip it over it matches. So I can use it for two Holidays.





I went to pick my daughter up from school today and there was a surprise in the mailbox form Mel. We had decided to exchange Christmas cottages with each other. I was even able to pick the one I wanted, her Blue Bliss. This is what came in the mail! A whole bag of goodies.



Yes, her Blue Bliss cottage, which I love.



There were a FEW PINK THINGS , such as:
FOUR PINK COTTAGES for my quilt
A PINK dove ornament.
I was lucky to get on of her door hangers with a J in PINK



OH, we are not done…


A darling table topper pattern and fabric, love it!
And just in case I might need it, a sanitary napkin bag, from when I was in high school, it was a hoot trying to explain to my 13 year old daughter what that was and how it was used in the good old days. And then the darling fabric that was in the bag, I think some of that may turn up in my pink cottage quilt.



I will try not to get too mushy here, but I have been blogging for only 6 months and I have met some of the kindest, sweetest, caring people ever. Blogland is truly a wonderful place, and I am glad to have made so many wonderful friends who I love to “talk” to every day. Thank you, God Bless and to much more laughter and friendship in 2009.








11 comments:

  1. You really did receive some very nice and thoughtful gifts. Its so great when friends show how much they care by giving you gifts that truely identify with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow...great stuff for a great person! ♥ snap out of your mild depression...you know spring will be here before you know it! ☺

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic gifts! You are one lucky gal. Too bad about that credit card. Happened to me once too. Not fun. Things will get better! ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice bunch of goodies! UGH credit card theft...worse than a computer virus. I was in Oregon many years ago getting my daughter settled in college and my credit card was smoking buying all the bedding, etc...that we couldn't manage on a plane. CC company called my husband to say lots of transactions were showing up on the CC in Oregon. He laughed and explained. Good to know someone is watching out for us.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow - what lovely stuff you received. And tales of new fabric too ... can't wait to see it! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. So many great gifts...you so deserve them! You are so kind and thoughtful to others!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You deserve all the fun goodness that you get!

    Have a happy, fun, creative day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Holy Cow my head is spinning Jane. That is like the mother of all posts - the grand poobah. Such wonderfulness I can't even start to comment on it all. First off Pink beads in the window - I'm swooning. The pink cottages are so darned cute! We have good people in our group - right. Right.

    You gave me a fabulous idea in this post. It is perking right now. Like I need new ideas! ARGH. I need a clone really. I'll share the idea with you later. But this was one fabulousity of beautiful fabric and design in this post. Loved every second of it. And my new idea hs my heart pitter patting.

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW!! That's some great loot!!

    You have had your credit card number stolen twice!! That totally stinks!

    What great blogging friends you have.

    I mailed your cottage today. I know it doesn't have all that fun stuff in it but I hope you enjoy your cottage.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I wonder what Nanette has up her sleeve!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh man.. I have been missing DAYS of Jane's Fabrics! Trying to get caught up here.. and this post is chalk full of good stuff. I know exactly what you are saying about blog friends and gifts and all that. I just went through a little bit of blues myself.. and here were all my good friends to pull me right out. You can't sit around feeling glum with this bunch.. no way. :-)
    Glad you like the feedsack birdies. :-) All your pressies are so wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

I always love to hear your thoughts!