Monday, July 28, 2014

Nested Churn Dash Flimsy

First I would like to thank Jane from  Quilt Jane Want it, Need it, Quilt  What a wonderful block! Fun, fast, and a great scrap buster.

Thank you to my readers who left me suggestions for the sashing.
I am a naught girl. I do not think I listed to any of you, so sorry for that.  
I auditioned different fabrics, yellow, not the right shade.  Light blue, too light.  Red, too much.  Then I tried navy. I liked it!  So here she is with navy sashing and red strip cornerstones.  I am going to bind it in red. 


I took her outside for her photo shoot but my goodness it was windy!  These are the photos I was able to capture.





I made 9 Churn Dash blocks.
The sashing was cut at 2.5 inches.
The cornerstones were also cut at 2.5 X 2.5 

This top finished at approximately 80 X 80.

Now for a backing and a quilting idea!

She will be put away for awhile because my new grandbaby's quilt is ready to start!

Happy Sewing!


20 comments:

  1. I've made three blocks so far. They are sew much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! The navy blue really helps anchor the blocks! Great job Jane!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfect choice for sashing and cornerstones! Love your colors. I should make one of those! XO

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good for you, Janie. After all it's your quilt and you will be looking at it. I don't think it could help but come out looking great as it does!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think the navy is a perfect choice. Red is never wrong in my book!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It was the perfect setting - how striking! Congratulations on such a grand finish.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You made a very good decision. It's gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The navy is perfect and it turned out fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The navy was definitely the right choice on this one Jane. Great job...it looks fantastic. Congratulations on the new grandchild! We just had out 6th. great granddaughter on Friday and she came with a beautiful head of dark hair, long enough to put bows in. What fun I'm going to have making things to adorn that head of hair! Have fun making the blanket for your new grandbaby. lv2bquilting2@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is a nice size top....just nine blocks...looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  11. PERFECT!! OOOHH I just may have to continue with this one! One block was NOT enough!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's fabulous! Congratulations on a new grandbaby.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Blue sashing looks perfect, Jane! Your quilt sparkles with all those fun colors and prints you used :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous! You made all the right decisions!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Girl!!! I almost missed this final due to my vaca...OMG!!! LOVE the sashing!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Seriously! What a fun fun quilt!!

    ReplyDelete

I always love to hear your thoughts!