Monday, December 9, 2013

For The Love of Hand Embroidery-Guest Poster-Karen

Happy Monday to everyone. 
 I hope you had a nice weekend and did something you loved.
On to our next guest for
The Love of Hand Embroidery.


Today
I would like to welcome
Karen who blogs at
Messy Karen


I joined the For The Love Of Hand Embroidery group. it is hosted by Jane of Jane's Fabrics blog. and today is my day to share: we were asked by Jane to use Presencia #12 thread. I used 2627/purple, 4565/dk. green, 7740/brown, 1915/red, 4812 Lt green, and 0007 black.

.  

This sweet stitchery is from Carina's online store. it's in her Donationware section. and you give what you can or want to. I have taken and appreciated many free patterns from everyone over the years. so I gave $3.50.

 


Then I sewed it into a morning mat paired with a favorite Anna Maria Horner fabric. The design measures 5 in. x 4-1/2 in. the mat measures 15 in. x 8 in. this was a fun project. And as a first time Presencia thread user.I am delighted to share that it is very nice and easy to use.



To our readers.  After you leave your comment, Karen will come back to her post and hit reply to answer your comments and questions. So make sure to come back later in the day!


Thank you so much Karen!  Just darling and just in time for the Holiday Season! What fun to wake up to that cutie. Thank you for being a guest and for your inspiration.












24 comments:

  1. Such a cute embroidery! I'm looking forward to my new threads arriving, so I can something cute like this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you. i have put my new threads all together in a special tin. ready for when i start my next project.

      Delete
  2. What a cute little embroidery and love how you set into a mug mat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you. i was impressed at how easy it turned into a finished and usable item. so satisfying.

      Delete
  3. Oh this is gorgeous. Love the stitchery design.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you. there are some lovely designs out there.

      Delete
  4. So cute and clever. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you. i really like making useful things.

      Delete
  5. that is an adorable pattern. thanks for sharing your sweet project.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So lovely! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness! How cute is your project!!! Did you spray it with a stain repellent or are you just very careful and very brave! Thank you for sharing! I'm going to visit the source of your designs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks. just brave i guess. i like to use things and not worry too much. for this one i will just put my mug on the denim side and admire the stitch side.

      Delete
  8. A morning mat...what a cute name though I'm sure you get to use it lots more. It's a really cute design; good to know of new places that have embroidery designs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you. the name is sometimes used to refer to a yoga mat. but i like it for coffee!!

      Delete
  9. What a cute design and I love that you made a morning mat. Such a wonderful and clever way to start your day!

    ReplyDelete

I always love to hear your thoughts!