Friday, December 13, 2013

For The Love of Hand Embroidery-Guest Poster-Vicki

Happy Friday to everyone. 
 I hope you are having a nice week.
On to our next guest for
The Love of Hand Embroidery.


Today
I would like to welcome
Vicki.
Vicki does not have a blog but loves to read them and volunteered to join the embroidery fun.
Thanks Vicki!


Hi! My name is Vicki and I am new to embroidery. I really like it, it is very soothing. 
I choose to do a pattern from 
called Raining Cats and Dogs. It was free. :)


I did the raindrops in the pretty turquoise thread with a back stitch outline and a fill in stitch. 


The words say, "It's raining cats and dogs...don't step in the poodles!"  The poodle is done in the medium brown in a back stitch outline. 



My daughter really likes it, though it is going to be a present for a friend who has a toy poodle. Thanks for having me, it was a lot of fun! 



To our readers.  After you leave your comment, Vicki will come back to her post and hit reply to answer your comments and questions. So make sure to come back later in the day!


Thank you so much Vicki!  What a cute pattern!  I love the colors you choose for the stitchery.  You will now have to make another one for your daughter! Thank you for being a guest and for your inspiration.






9 comments:

  1. This poodle pattern is so cute - love the wording on it and a perfect gift for a poodle owner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute. Great stitching. Thank you for sharing your project with us today

    ReplyDelete
  3. Vicki, I like the pattern you chose and your work is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love how you did those drops! Your friend is lucky to receive it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My mom said "raining cats and dogs" lots so this was great for reminiscing. Love that you were able to utilize a free design. Glad to hear you've become a 'stitcher' with the rest of us.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a cute design and you're making great progress!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for all the great comments! I had some family issues come up and could not get to the computer til this morning. I will be doing a lot more stitching in the future that is for sure! lol Thanks again, Vicki

    ReplyDelete

I always love to hear your thoughts!