Monday, October 14, 2013

For The Love of Hand Embroidery-Guest Poster-Ingrid

Happy Monday to everyone. 
 I hope you had a nice weekend and did something you loved.
On to our next guest for
The Love of Hand Embroidery.


Today
I would like to welcome
Ingrid who blogs at


This is the first time I’m a guest blogger, and it’s exciting.
When Jane first announced this embroidery challenge I did not hesitate for one moment.
Like so many other times, I stop and think afterwards, because  suddenly it’s a lot of work to be done.

The thread arrived, and it looked very nice. I had never used the Presencia Thread before, and not done much  embroidery either, for the last 40 years….
So I had to figure out what to do.
I started cutting small black back ground blocks,  and was thinking of a pattern. Then the 60’s blog hop came up, and I joined that as well.
And, then the pattern was given.. 
I draw all of them and started to stitch. It was great fun, and the thread was very easy to work with.
All 6 small blocks finished very quickly.


But then I suddenly realized that I could not use these blocks for both the challenge and the blog hop.
My day of the 60’s blog hop was on the 3rd. of October, and some of you might have seen this blocks on that post.

So then I was back where I started, and had to think again.
I had  planned for a quilt for my kitchen sofa, in blue and beige colors, and found that I could add some blocks with embroidery.
Then I found a nice picture in one of the blogs I’m following, http://kadusei-kadusei.blogspot.se/
It was a sweet drawing of two cats walking hand in hand.
This would be perfect.




Then I made some smaller drawings myself, and this I spread out on the quilt.







At last I sewed the top together.
Now I just have to find some fabric for a border, and finish it.


Thank you Jane for the thread, and for  making me do something I hadn't been doing for a long time.
It was great fun, and  I will most certainly continue to make some stitching now and then. 

Regards Ingrid


To our readers.  After you leave your comment, Ingrid will come back to her post and hit reply to answer your comments and questions. So make sure to come back later in the day!


Ingrid thank you so much for sharing with us today. I just love your work. I love to see a quilt with touches of embroidery. It makes it so special. Thank you for all the inspiration.



PS  Presencia Thread is on sale in my
Stock up for the holidays



31 comments:

  1. Your stitching is so cute! I used the Presencia Thread on a pillow I made from one of the QALs and loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, You did it. I love the birds as you know. It will be a nice and cozy quilt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you. I did it, and it was great fun as well. ;-)

      Delete
  3. I remember your lovely pieces for the Hop. And your new quilt with the cute embroideries is very sweet. Those kitties are adorable and what better with kitties then birds. Nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. I love the kitties and the birds fitted in so well. I just need to finish the top and then quilt it.... :-)

      Delete
  4. Ingrid, you're an artist! Your work is very beautiful and I loved this post!
    Happy week.
    Cheers for Jane and you.
    Yayi.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Yayi. I'm happy you love my work. :-)

      Delete
  5. What an inspiration! Love your quilt! Great way to personalize a quilt! Perfect!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm happy to be able to inspire others.
      Thank you so much for your lovely comments.

      Delete
  6. Ingrid your embroidery of the cats and bird is beautiful! Lovely quilt too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so happy you loved my embroidery.
      It was great fun to make them as well.
      Thank you, :-)

      Delete
  7. Love the embroideries and the quilt. Beautiful embroidery and fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Astrid. :-)
      I'm so glad you love my work.
      Looking forward to finish to quilt.

      Delete
  8. Your quilt is wonderful with those special stitcheries. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lesley.
      It was great fun making the quilt top, and I'm looking forward to finish it as well. :-)

      Delete
  9. Great job Inga! I love the way you put the quilt top together. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Sandie. I'm glad you liked my quilt top.
      It's fun to make disappearing 9-path.

      Delete
  10. Great hand stitching. What fun designs. I have never tried the presencia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Tammy.
      Thank you. You should try the thread, it was lovely to work with. The kitties design I copied, and the rest is my own.

      Delete
  11. 'Having to' make another project was a bummer!! :) Loved the stitching done on the black fabric - the embroidery colors look wonderful. Your kitchen quilt is just so cute-love your birds!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. I loved making both the projects, and I did by some more thread from Jane, just in case... :-)

      Delete
  12. Very creative and lovely stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love all the blocks! The quilt is really gorgeous too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Pam.
      Happy that you liked my stitching and my quilt.

      Delete
  14. Lovely quilt and I love those stitcheries , so sweet !!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sheila.
      Very pleased that you liked my work.

      Delete
  15. I love to embroider and lately have taken up RED WORK. When I saw this blog link, I scurried over to see what it emphasized. I enjoyed it and wondered if it has a base site for tutorials and such for newbies. I posted on my blog my latest hand embroidery: http://debi-peacebypiece.blogspot.com/2013/09/coffee-vapors.html
    I intend to make a coffee themed quilt with my squares!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Debi, First I do not know if you know you are a no-reply blogger. I stopped by your blog and your work is wonderful. For great help you cannot beat Mary Corbet. Just click on the button, Needle and Thread on my left side-bar.

      Delete
  16. I just love your quilt. The cats are so cute.

    ReplyDelete

I always love to hear your thoughts!