Monday, October 7, 2013

For The Love of Hand Embroidery-Guest Poster-Sharon

Happy Monday to everyone. 
 I hope you had a nice weekend and did something you loved.
On to our next guest for
The Love of Hand Embroidery.


Today
I would like to welcome
Sharon who blogs at


Hello,  I am Sharon and blog over at Forget-Me-Not Stitches and Dexter Days.
When I was younger, I used to love to embroider.
My Grandma Bea created wonderful pieces.
She made this for me when I was a teenager.  It has been awhile...the dress used to be blue!


I was inspired to start again by Jane and the Presencia threads she introduced me to-
delicious thread colors and they slide through the fabric without snagging.
So nice.....


I went online and found a few patterns and went to work with the thread from Jane...
Found this fun, little tree on one of my favorites sites,  Connecting Threads.



I have always wanted to try redwork and the Schlep bag, so used 
Michelle Ridgway's cute, Winter Mate pattern for one of the squares and did both.
The stripe is a wonderful canvas from IKEA.  
I wish I would have picked up more!


It still needs a lining, but Indecision isn't getting it done!


While I was waffling on the lining, I started this piece from Daisy Days.
This is an ongoing project, but I am thinking that I will appreciate those cheerful blossoms as we wait for the ice to melt,
and the green leaves to return to the trees again!



Thanks to Jane for this "Spark".  
Please stop by and each Monday to check out more stitching!


To our readers.  After you leave your comment, Sharon will come back to her post and hit reply to answer your comments and questions. So make sure to come back later in the day!


Sharon thank you so much for sharing with us today. I love your pillowcase what special memories. I also love all your work but that snowman is calling my name as is IKEA!!
Thank you!


PS  Presencia Thread is on sale in my
Stock up for the holidays





23 comments:

  1. Ah, the skirted ladies - I remember doing these with my gr,grand and still have a couple of her dresser scarves with the ladies. And I like the idea of the schlep with one stitched square.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think we should bring back the skirted ladies! It would be fun to have lots of stitched blocks on a bag...maybe next time?

      Delete
  2. All lovely and inspiring pieces!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It is fun to see all of the different projects everyone is making, isn't it?

      Delete
  3. Yes, Jane is great with sparks. I've begun my first hand embroidery in YEARS. It's really fun, isn't it. Thanks for helping Jane get us all going.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it has been great fun to start stitching again!

      Delete
  4. Lovely projects , I love the bag and the embroidered block really makes it special . Thanks for sharing !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sheila! I really like how the happy bag turned out.

      Delete
  5. What beautiful stitchery projects. Love the thread what beautiful shiny eye candy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The thread is really nice to use and I love the rich colors !

      Delete
  6. Very fun projects and I have that snowman pattern that I am using for a candle mat. He really looks cute on a bag, great idea.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't he a cute little guy. I almost did him on a mug rug. Thanks for your kind comments!

      Delete
  7. Beautiful projects! I really love the little tree! The bag will be so much fun to take Christmas shopping.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I hope they brighten a special someone's holidays!

      Delete
  8. Replies
    1. Thank you Sandie! He was fun to stitch!

      Delete
  9. Beautiful work! Love the Christmas tree and LOVE the bag! How on earth did you hang that over the water?! I'm guessing you're in the Southern Hemisphere - since we're just starting to lose leave here! Thanks for sharing!! I'm lucky to have Jane as a dear friend who lives just down the road!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are lucky to have Jane so close! We live in Alaska and the river was frozen along the edges. I tried to find branches over snow, but the river worked better. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  10. I had one of those skirted ladies pillowcases when I was a child. I always had trouble sleeping when she was on my pillow because I was afraid I would ruin the pretty lady. I so loved that pillowcase made especially for me by a family friend. Thanks for bringing back that memory. Your embroideries are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  11. such pretty creations. thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

I always love to hear your thoughts!