Monday, September 23, 2013

For The Love of Hand Embroidery-Guest Poster-Sandie


Happy Monday to everyone. 
 I hope you had a nice weekend and did something you loved.
On to our next guest for
The Love of Hand Embroidery.


Today
I would like to welcome
Sandie who blogs at
crazy'boutquilts.



Good morning everyone!
I'm Sandie and I blog at crazy'boutquilts (http://crazyboutquilts.blogspot.com/)
I love, love, love quilting! But my second love is hand embroidery.
My Grandmother taught me to embroider and she had a whole lotta
patience!
I am the only lefty in my family and no one really knew what to do with me. LOL
We finally figured out that if I sat across from her, I could mimic her actions, and that was how I learned. I probably don't hold my needle the 'right' way or make my French knots like everyone else, but I enjoy stitching so much that I just don't think about it. :-)

I was so excited when I received the sample of Presencia threads from Jane for this hop~
I had the perfect project ready and waiting!
I'm not sure where I picked up this apron kit~ it was when I was traveling last year somewhere!
It had the apron and chart, but no thread~ and Jane's selection was perfect!! Thanks Jane!!



The thread colors were perfect and I was really happy that they didn't twist at all!
Twisting threads can be so frustrating when you are stitching. The other thing I loved was the ease~ no pulling floss apart to get the right amount of thread. The no. 12 was just perfect!

I have embroidered everything you can imagine and probably more!
I don't have a photo of the overalls I did for my DD when she was younger, but they were a fun project. :-)

Lately, I've been doing Christmas ornaments~


Pattern from Quilter's World magazine


I have a lot of holiday projects and love to decorate with them!
My snowman pillow~


pattern from Crabapple Hill Studio

And cardinal wall hanging~


this was done with the twilling stitch~ something new to me!
I can't remember whose pattern it is, sorry. :-/

Well, I guess it is safe to say ~
I just love to decorate with embroidery!


This little quilt is Madame Sam's Wee Tot's embroidery pattern.
I did it for a hop and turned it into a little quilt.

I could go on and on, but I think you get the idea that I love to embroider. LOL
Jane, thank you so much for inviting me to be part of your hop! 
I have really enjoyed seeing everyone's projects and sharing mine. :-)
Happy Stitching!



To our readers.  After you leave your comment, Sandie will come back to her post and hit reply to answer your comments and questions. So make sure to come back later in the day!


Sandie thank you so much for sharing with us today. I love your work. I think the snowmen ornaments look like little stamps!
Now I have no idea what the twiilling stitch is but I am going to click the link on my left side bar and see how Mary Corbett shows us! 
Here it is,  HERE
I love to learn new stitches.

PS  Presencia Thread is on sale in my
Stock up for the holidays



28 comments:

  1. Just love all your projects. The apron is so cute and the snowman - just adorable! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The apron is great. Did you embroider all the color in the teacups too? Or did you color with crayons?

    Darling snowmen, cardinal and wee tot too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The teacups are all embroidery and cross stitching. ~I didn't even think about crayons, but that would have been great behind the colors. :-) Thank you for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. I love the snowman.. I am a big Crap apple Hill fan.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great projects! I love the different ways you finished them. Cute characters! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are very welcome Sharon~ thank you for stopping by!

      Delete
  5. Love all your projects! Love the words on the apron, they can be so true!

    ReplyDelete
  6. what fun projects you embroidered. I want to try the twilling stitch one day too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I discovered that there are right handed and left handed twilling directions. Have fun trying it out! And thank you for stopping by!

      Delete
  7. Sandie does a lot of beautiful projects with stitchery, it is fun and addicting.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Debbie! You are so right~ it is very addicting. LOL Thank you for stopping by!

      Delete
  8. Absolutely beautiful! I thought - how interesting to have you sit across from your grandma when you learned to embroider! Genius!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yum truffles! I love your name!! :-) Thank you for stopping by too!

      Delete
  9. So many sweet projects; I love the snowman pillow.

    ReplyDelete
  10. My grandmother taught me to embroider too, but I never have gotten to be as good at it as she was.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Sara! I'm sure you have some wonderful memories though. ;-)

      Delete
  11. Your projects are wonderful. It's apparent you love embroidery and thanks for the show. Sad to see this becoming a dying art. I love it too. Thx to Jane for providing us with the talent of so many stitchers. Sorry to be a day late.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful embroidery. I am getting in the mood to make some ornaments now.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the apron and the saying is so true! All your other embroidery is great too.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely apron, and the text made me smile. :-)
    Thanks for showing us.....
    Have a nice day.

    ReplyDelete

I always love to hear your thoughts!