Monday, September 2, 2013

For the Love of Hand Embroidery -- Guest Poster -Robin

Happy Monday to everyone. I hope you had a nice weekend and did something you loved.
On to our next guest for
The Love of Hand Embroidery.




Today
I would like to welcome
Robin who blogs at
as Sweet as Peaches
Thank you so much for sharing with us today.

Hello my name is Robin and I have been doing some kind of needle work for as long as I can remember. My grandmother is the one that taught me how to embroider and to crochet among other things.  Here are a few samples of what I have done.
 
The first photo is a quilt that I made for my parents for Christmas in 1995 and really had no clue on how to quilt just did what I thought was the way to do it. I had all my siblings an there spouses and children do a simple trace around there hands and then I did the hand work I added each of there names and made this very large quilt (I have 3 sisters and 3 brothers).




 
The 2nd photo was stitched for my niece/nephew while  my sister was pregnant but when we found out baby was to be a girl my sister asked me to stitch something else as she thought these colorful clowns were to boyish, LOL someday I will finish them into something fun.




 
The 3rd photo is some kitchen towels I did while learning a new technique with color crayons, these were lots of fun to make. You can also see me new kitten Marmalade helping out with the photo shoot.   When looking for something to embroider I turn to color books for inspiration.




 
The 4th photo is what I did for this hop I used some cute little birds and the Presencia thread that Jane sent us and then made it into a cute pillow, as you can see from the photo it's not stuffed as I couldn't get a good photo of it that way. I also used very tiny buttons for my twister flower centers. 




 
I hope that you have enjoyed what I have shared today and remember your project can be big or small and used in quilting or stand alone projects. Just pick up that needle and thread and go for it!  :)  
 
Enjoy!  Robin  @ http://robin-assweetaspeaches.blogspot.com/



To our readers. After you leave a comment, Robin will go back to her post and hit reply to answer any questions you may have. So make sure to come back later in the day!


Thank you Robin, Your work is beautiful.  I have a feeling people will be asking where to get those wonderful patterns!
Thank you so much for being a guest today.



28 comments:

  1. Love those little clowns - sure you will find some one who will love them. Such sweet projects, thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you

      Robin in Washington State

      Delete
  2. You have no fear with jumping in and trying new things.. My too.. figure that is how you learn what you like to do.

    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I usually jump in with both feet and just go for it, some times that does cause a bit of trouble or should I say interesting results.

      Robin in Washington State

      Delete
  3. Lovely projects. I like how you used the twister as the border for your embroidery. The crayon fruit towels are great. I too like to use crayons and embroidery together...as you will see my creations later this month.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I'm in the process of learning a new color crayon technique, it's with hot crayons the book is by Terrie Linn Kygar. I'm looking forward to seeing your creations.

      Robin in Washington State

      Delete
  4. Yes Robin, your work is beautiful. I love the birds on your pillowcover.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you

      Robin in Washington State

      Delete
  5. Beautiful work, Robin! Thanks for sharing! Loved your pillow! Great idea to just put a few of the twisters in the border! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you

      Robin in Washington State

      Delete
  6. My grandmother taught me to embroider too. Thanks for sharing your projects. The pillow is so sweet. I love anything with birds on it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. My grandmother taught me many things, not all were ones I wanted to learn.

      Robin in Washington State

      Delete
  7. What a great post! I always love stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you

      Robin in Washington State

      Delete
  8. I love your clowns and birds! That is a really cute pillow top! Thanks for sharing your work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you

      Robin in Washington State

      Delete
  9. I just love your work Robin! I so need to borrow your twister idea! Thank you so much for posting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and have fun

      Robin in Washington State

      Delete
  10. I love all your projects. What did you think of the presence a threads?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I enjoyed working with the Presencia thread but I have been using DMC for so long for both counted cross stitch and embroidery that I will most likely continue with it. You know the saying "it's hard to teach a old dog new tricks" that's kinda me.

      Robin in Washington State

      Delete
  11. The little blue birdies are so cute - great hand work. I loved how you added twisters to the pillow top - not lots of them, just a few skattered in. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, lately birds are my go to thing to stitch they just make me smile. I felt the pillow top needed something and the twisters remind me of flowers so they worked. :)

      Robin in Washington State

      Delete
  12. Robin, very beautiful older work. Must be fun to have the hands embroided like a time memory.
    And your cute birds are just toooo cute.
    Thank you so much for sharing. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you. Yes the hands are cool, my Mom gave me the quilt last year when she remarried after the passing of my Dad, so it's now on my bed. When my kids or my nieces and nephews come over they love to see how big they have gotten since then.

    Robin in Washington State

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful work Robin! I love the clowns! ~your sister really lost out there. LOL ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, You know I was thinking about the clowns maybe the niece that I had stitched them for will one day have a baby and I can make them into something for her baby, I hope I have to wait awhile as she just turned 17.

      Robin in Washington State

      Delete
  15. Lovely post, Robin. Your older embroideries and pillow are beautiful! I love the birds with the colorful twisters.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you.

      Robin in Washington State

      Delete

I always love to hear your thoughts!