Monday, August 26, 2013

For The Love of Hand Embroidery--Guest Poster-Maxine

Happy Monday to everyone! I hope you had a lovely weekend and did something you loved.
On to our next guest for
The Love of Hand Embroidery.



Today
I would like to welcome
Maxine
Thank you so much for sharing with us today.

Hi there, my name is Maxine and I do not have a blog, but spend most of my mornings reading blogs.  This has been a great pleasure being involved with "For the Love of Hand Embroidery". I read Jane's blog every day. Always a pleasure that is for sure.
     Jane organized this adventure and sent all of us a great package of Presencia embroidery floss.  For the people out there who have not tried Presencia go to Jane's shop and buy some.  You most diffidently will not be disappointed. 
     I choose to do a red work Santa. This will be a table topper for the holidays.  Just love the holidays don't you. I need to get it quilted and the put the binding on and it will be on top of my table.  This pattern comes from the American Patchwork & Quilting Magazine.  I only had the pattern so I can't tell you what issue it came out of, but it is a older issue.




     The second project is a tea towel from Yesterdays Charm/Kitchen Grace. Just love the little boy and his dog they are so cute.  I left the top edge of the ruffle raw, so it will fray when washed.  It hangs in my kitchen for now.




     And I had to show some vintage pillow cases.  My husbands grandmother made them for us as a wedding gift over 52 years ago.  They have never been used.  Maybe I should put some pillows in the cases and show them off sitting on a bed.




     My hat goes off to Jane for this fun experience.


To our readers. After you leave a comment, Maxine will go back to her post and hit reply to answer any questions you may have. So make sure to come back later in the day!


Thank you Maxine, Your work is beautiful.  And your pillowcases stunning! Yes, show them off!  Thank you for being a guest today. 




16 comments:

  1. Maxine your embroideries are wonderful and so are those great pillowcases.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful santa, and those cute cute children. I love it..... :-)
    And you should use those pillowcases !!
    regards Ingrid

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Maxine your red work is lovely. I really have never tried the presencia thread and have an old world Santa quilt that was started about two years ago with other threads in red. I have heard such wonderful things about this thread that if I were to switch now and start using the presencia do you think I should remove the thread from the other two blocks that I already did? I hate the thought of doing that and sense I never used the presencia but if there is that much difference do you think it is definitely worth the change? Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very sweet stitcheries - those little cherub children are a favorite. Oh, use those pillowcases - even if only to dress up the bed - but don't put them back away - be still my heart!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely projects and those pillowcases should definitely be displayed, they are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely projects and those pillowcases should definitely be displayed, they are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely projects and those pillowcases should definitely be displayed, they are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful stitches, Maxine! I have some of my grandmother's embroidered pieces that I cherish too. Grandma's stitching was perfect!

    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Maxine, your projects are so sweet. I do like that towel. The ruffle is the perfect touch to your embroidery.
    Thanks for sharing those lovely vintage pillow cases.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your santa redwork! Can you tell me what the background fabric is with the red santa sleighs? I saw it and just loved it!

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your Santa and ruffled towel! Those vintage pillow cases are gorgeous! Lucky you :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great job on the Santa and the hand towel. The pillowcases are just gorgeous! Yes display them!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely work Maxine! The tea towel is so cute! And your pillowcases are wonderful~ they need to be displayed. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sweet Santa and towel..beautiful stitching! I love those pillowcases!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your stitchings, esp. the little one eating his cookie - just so sweet. Thanks for sharing the crocheted pillowcases. My grandmother was a master crocheter just as your mother-in-law was. I remember this same pattern. I have a couple of sets of her pillowcases (not this lovely lady) but I do treasure them. YES, display them!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love your little guy and his friend! Your grandmother did a beautiful job on her beautiful ladies! I can see why you have cherished them. Congratulations on 52 years!

    ReplyDelete

I always love to hear your thoughts!