Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Are you Playing?

Yes, You bet I am!!

 Clover and Violet are having a new Stitch and Quilt Along.
 I missed their first one and was so sad.
BUT...
I am not missing this one, no, I am not!

It is called The Garden Steps Stitch and Quilt Along. The block will be a variation of the courthouse steps block. I like the block that was chosen as the middle leaves a very nice spot to stitch.

Today's post was about gathering your supplies.

I will be making the lap size quilt. this will require 12 fat quarters
and a color for the middle.
Look at the sample block!! Oh My!!



I have chosen Kona White for my middle square.
Then I picked (all from my stash,yippee!) my fabrics.
 I will be using red and aqua, with a touch of pink.



 
For the stitching they will be using Finca Perle Cotton size 8. Which you may recall I sold in my store. I adore this thread and just happen to have a few colors laying around the house!  I have not chosen my colors yet, as I want to see the stitchery first.

I am so excited to be able to play along.
Here is a link to all the information, fabrics, threads and anything else you may wish to know.


I hope you decide to join!

Happy Sewing,


8 comments:

  1. Looks like a cool selection of fabrics for these blocks. I think I should put a quilt along on my list of things to do...when I have more time of my own.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Won't you have fun! I love your fabric choices and look forward to seeing your quilt come together one block at a time. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. great choices...wish I could play too lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. As of right now, I'm going to say I will be joining the Garden Steps QAL. Just don't want another UFO in another pizza box a few years down the road.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your fabrics. Don't think I'm quite ready to join a quilt along yet. Hope it goes well =D

    ReplyDelete
  6. I didn't do the last one either but I hope to do this one. I am going to have to think about what colors I want to use.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad you'll be joining us! Your fabric selection looks great!

    ReplyDelete

I always love to hear your thoughts!